The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) is an independent public health agency charged with helping Lexington be well since 1904 and proudly nationally accredited since 2014.
Vision: We will move Lexington toward being one of the healthiest communities in the nation.
Mission: Helping Lexington be well.
Values: We commit to being...
Caring: We will treat our clients, community and coworkers with compassion and kindness.
Accountable: We will respect all individuals without bias and value their uniqueness.
Respectful: We will respect all individuals without bias and value their uniqueness.
Equitable: We will provide services and care equitably to all of our clients throughout the community.
Service: We are here to serve our clients and community.
LFCHD provides a wide range of public health services for the community, including restaurant inspections, flu shots, HANDS visits for moms and dads, diabetes prevention/management, training to licensed child care providers, nutrition through the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program, school health, a needle exchange program to fight the spread of hepatitis C and HIV, and much more. Visit wwww.lexingtonhealthdepartment.org to learn more about LFCHD!
This position is full time with a full comprehensive benefits package.
40. hours per week
This position is responsible for maximizing cash receipts for the agency through the management, preparation and submission of billable health department services to various payers in accordance with federal and state regulations and agency policy and procedures. Responsible for the management of in-house billing collection procedures, encounter quality control and management and accounting of all monies received through cashiering and billing. Responsible for management of finance and billing projects.
• Perform supervisory responsibilities.
• Serve as subject matter expert and spokesperson for the department(s) supervised, as needed for press interviews and other presentations.
• Oversees the management of the Department’s patient accounts including patient collections, patient billing, and submission of claims to Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance or other Public Health services.
• Manages Accounts Receivable, including management of application of all monies received from all payers, including private pay, to individual invoices on the patients account. Monies are received through the patient account representatives (cashiering), private pay payments received through the mail and remittances from Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance. Issue authorization for any adjustments or refunds necessary as a result of cash application.
• Oversees Department’s provider credentialing activities and maintains department fee schedule.
• Works with Information Technology department to develop and maintain billing requirements or changes in reimbursement or coverage.
• Manages patient relations regarding billing collection issues.
• Trains clinic staff, providers and billing department employees on changes in coding, patient encounter forms and new processes.
• Assists with chart audits.
• Manages finance and billing related projects and ensures timely and successful completion.
Medical coding certification required.
Must have High School/Ged and five (5) years related experience or Associates Degree in Medical Coding related field and three (3) years related experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and two (2) years related experience. Must have one or more years of supervisory experience.
Acceptable related experience includes some or all of the following: medical coding, medical claims auditing, provider billing, patient remittance, patient billing, 3rd party billing.
Candidates must apply online at www.lexingtondhealthdepartment.org.
TLBILLL: High School, GED, Associates, Bachelors, or Masters in Medical Coding, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
Medical coding certification
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time and part-time eligible employees, including paid time off (annual and sick leave accruals).
Four medical plans are offered, so you can select the coverage that best meets your needs. Two plan options include an employer-funded health reimbursement account. Employees who waive medical coverage are eligible for an employer-funded health reimbursement account that receives $175 per month. Enhanced and Basic Dental Plans offered. Vision insurance provides coverage for eye exams, frames, lenses, and contacts.
Other: Employee Assistance Program, Life and Disability options, Cafeteria Plan options, Go 365 Wellness Program, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Referral Program.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Chief Financial Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1