Helping You Be Well...
The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) is an independent public health agency charged with helping Lexington be well since 1904 and proudly nationally accredited since 2014. Vision: The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department is a recognized leader in health promotion, health protection, personal health care and prevention of disease. Mission: The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department will improve the health of the community. In 2014 LFCHD became nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, continued quality improvement, vaccinated 216 children, provided nutritious foods, education and referrals, provided safe and sanitary establishments when dining out, enforced the Clean Indoor Act, protected 462 Lexington pets against rabies and protected 1,921 Lexingtonians against the flu. Additionally, LFCHD responded to more than 800 reports of disease and illnesses in Fayette County, provided 2,951 TB clinical service visits, provided 5,596 HANDS home visits to first-time moms and dads, promoted the evidenced-based diabetes prevention program, provided training to about 600 licensed child care providers, improved the nutrition of adults and children, helped individuals quit using tobacco, eliminated health inequities, remained attentive to the health of more than 40,000 public school students, and was awarded with a Bluegrass Wellness at Work Healthiest Places to Work Award. LFCHD is committed to providing essential Public Health services and we employ a diversified staff of approximately 160 employees.
This position is full time, 40.0 hours per week. $52,735.90 annual with full comprehensive benefits package.
Responsible for maximizing cash receipts for the agency through the management, preparation and submission of billable health department services to various payers in accordance with federal and state regulations and agency policy and procedures. Responsible for the management of in-house billing collection procedures, encounter quality control and management and accounting of all monies received through cashiering and billing. Responsible for management of finance and billing projects.
· Perform supervisory responsibilities as described in Supervisory Responsibility section below.
· Serve as subject matter expert and spokesperson for the department(s) supervised, as needed for press interviews and other presentations.
· Oversees the management of the Department’s patient accounts including patient collections, patient billing, and submission of claims to Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance or other Public Health services.
· Manages Accounts Receivable, including management of application of all monies received from all payers, including private pay, to individual invoices on the patients account. Monies are received through the patient account representatives (cashiering), private pay payments received through the mail and remittances from Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance. Issue authorization for any adjustments or refunds necessary as a result of cash application.
· Oversees Department’s provider credentialing activities and maintains department fee schedule.
· Works with Information Technology department to develop and maintain billing requirements or changes in reimbursement or coverage.
· Manages patient relations regarding billing collection issues.
· Trains clinic staff, providers and billing department employees on changes in coding, patient encounter forms and new processes.
· Assists with chart audits.
· Manages finance and billing related projects and ensures timely and successful completion
Medical coding certification required.
Associates Degree in Medical Coding or related field and three (3) years related experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and two (2) years related experience.
Must have supervisory experience and medical billing experience. Other related experience includes some or all of the following: Medical coding, medical claims auditing, provider billing, patient remittance, patient billing, 3rd party billing.
TLBILL: Associates degree in medical coding or related or Bachelors degree in accounting, business administration or related.
Medical coding certification
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time and part-time eligible employees, including paid time off (annual and sick leave accruals).
Employee benefits summary:
Medical insurance (Classic, Premium, and Investor plans offered; the Investor plan includes an HSA account that has employer contributions annually for single coverage).
Buy Back Benefit Option is offered to employees who waive insurance coverage.
Dental Insurance (Enhanced and Basic Plans offered).
Vision Insurance (Basic coverage thru medical plan and Eye Med supplemental vision insurance offered).
Other benefits incentives: Basic life insurance and long term disability; Cafeteria plans; Wellness program, Employee assistance program; paid holidays; paid annual leave and paid sick leave; and Tuition reimbursement program.
Kentucky Employees' Retirement System (New benefit eligible employees will participate in a defined benefit pension plan known as Cash Balance Plan. The account earns 4% interest on both the member contribution and the Employer Pay Credit Balance at the end of the fiscal year. When the member is eligible to retire, the retirement benefit is calculated based on the member's accumulated account balance).
Kentucky Deferred Compensation
(Employees may elect to participate in supplemental retirement plans such as tax deferred 401K, Roth 401K, 457, Traditional IRA, and Roth IRA accounts).
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Chief Finance Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1