The primary responsibilities are to assist patients with direction to the appropriate area for busy Public Health Clinic.
Lexington Fayette County Health Department offers work-life balance and wellness incentives. The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department is an independent agency under the Kentucky Revised Statutes, charged with the responsibility for public health in Lexington-Fayette County. Our Mission: The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department will improve the health of the community. Our Vision: The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department is a recognized leader in health promotion, health protection, personal healthcare, and prevention of disease. The Health Department has numerous service sites throughout Lexington. It is governed by the Board of Health. The Health Department provides an array of services including communicable disease control, school health, health education and counseling, nutritional education and counseling, restaurant and hotel regulations and inspections, and vector control. The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department achieved national accreditation through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). The Health Department is one of a select group of health departments within Kentucky and across the nation to be accredited to date.
Full time, $11.21 per hour.
This is a BILINGUAL REQUIRED (English and Spanish speaking) full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday thru Friday hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Will be stationed in the Central Registration Area unless directed by Team Leader.
· Acts as patient/client receptionist. Greets patients, initiates, distributes appropriate forms, answers telephone, schedule and confirm patient appointments, and directs calls to appropriate staff and take messages. answering patient questions; maintain the reception area.
· Assists patients in distress by notifying appropriate personnel or supervisor in case of emergency. .
· Provide information to patients about types of services offered at Lexington-Fayette County Health Department and direct patients to proper departments or refer to outside agencies.
· Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, updating personal and financial information and informing patients of medical office procedures and policy.
· Receive insurance co-pay payments and post amounts paid to patient accounts.
· Assists Team Leader and staff with routine and clinical projects (Clinic Metrics, Patient Satisfaction Surveys, etc.); gathers information, organizes materials, assembles documents, prepares charts, makes copies.
· Use official phone list to route patients and visitors to the appropriate LFCHD personnel and departments.
· Maintain patient/client health record according to department/division standards.
· Responsible for responding and activating panic button when needed.
· Maintain stock of forms and office supplies, ensure reception area is well maintained, neat and clean, safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality. · Attends staff meetings and professional development as scheduled.
· Utilized as a translator for other departments, whether written or spoken.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduation, or GED and one year related work experience. Acceptable experience: medical office experience or receptionist/greeter experience in high-volume agency. If position is bilingual required, employee must pass department’s foreign language interpreter test prior to appointment.
High School Diploma/GED
Excellent benefits to include medical, vision, dental, basic life insurance, long term disability, Kentucky Retirement Systems pension plan, 401k/457/IRA options, annual leave and sick leave accruals, 11 paid holidays.
Candidates must apply online at www.lexingtonhealthdepartment.org.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Team Leader Business and Clinical Services
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1