Helping You Be Well...
The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) is an independent public health agency charged with helping Lexington be well since 1904 and proudly nationally accredited since 2014. Vision: The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department is a recognized leader in health promotion, health protection, personal health care and prevention of disease. Mission: The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department will improve the health of the community. In 2014 LFCHD became nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, continued quality improvement, vaccinated 216 children, provided nutritious foods, education and referrals, provided safe and sanitary establishments when dining out, enforced the Clean Indoor Act, protected 462 Lexington pets against rabies and protected 1,921 Lexingtonians against the flu. Additionally, LFCHD responded to more than 800 reports of disease and illnesses in Fayette County, provided 2,951 TB clinical service visits, provided 5,596 HANDS home visits to first-time moms and dads, promoted the evidenced-based diabetes prevention program, provided training to about 600 licensed child care providers, improved the nutrition of adults and children, helped individuals quit using tobacco, eliminated health inequities, remained attentive to the health of more than 40,000 public school students, and was awarded with a Bluegrass Wellness at Work Healthiest Places to Work Award. LFCHD is committed to providing essential Public Health services and we employ a diversified staff of approximately 150 employees.
This position is full time, 37.5 hours per week, with full benefits.
The pay is $24.2974 per hour.
This position assists the Team Leader and provides ongoing, intensive professional HANDS supervision for the direct service staff. Staff may include Family Support Workers, Parent Visitors and Professional Visitors. The supervision should be directed not only toward assuring quality of service provision, but also toward protecting the integrity and respect of the families served. The position participates in the orientation and in-service training, conducts record reviews, assists in the data collection system, implements a quality assurance plan, provides case management, and monitors the performance of the FSWs and PVs. The position also provides daily support and crisis management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains daily operation of the HANDS programs.
• Coordinates staff activities to meet program guidelines and assure compliance with required statistical reports. Provides programmatic monitoring and reporting as needed to various department, local, state and/or federal agencies.
• Assists with program budget compliance and contract management.
• Assists in the development of educational and written materials.
• Participates in community projects and collaborative efforts for program outreach.
• Assists with staff and program evaluation; assist in developing and delivering employee performance appraisals.
• Addresses staff and patient complaints as needed or refers issues to Team Leader or other Management staff as needed.
• Will assist in some of the Team Leader functions in the absence of the Team Leader such as scheduling and task assignments.
• Monitors the caseloads of FSWs and tracking the number of visits
• Reviews parent surveys within one week of completion
• Reviews chart documentation within one week of submission
• Provides and documents weekly supervisory sessions (involves offering staff further training and support; offering staff opportunity for skill development; enhancing self-awareness and professional development of staff)
• Assists with coordination of staff training and assurance of completion
• Performs shadow visits as per HANDS policies
• Completes quarterly chart reviews
• Follows supervisory guidelines listed for PV, FSW and professional visitors.
• Accommodates families’ availability for performing surveys and professional visits, which routinely requires visits after 4:30 p.m.
Bachelors degree in Social Work and 3 years applicable experience, one of which must be in case management as a professional social worker in a health-related medical social service setting and must be licensed as a LSW, CSW, or LCSW. Criminal background record check (the criminal record check will screen for moving violations, reckless driving, and for any convictions which may be job-related, i.e., related to employee’s job duties such as home visits/patient care).
Social Worker must be currently licensed as a LSW, CSW, or LCSW. Current CPR.
ASTTLHANDS: Bachelor's degree in Social Work.
LSW or CSW or LCSW
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time and part-time eligible employees, including paid time off (annual and sick leave accruals).
Employee benefits summary:
Medical insurance (Classic, Premium, and Investor plans offered; the Investor plan includes an HSA account that has employer contributions annually for single coverage).
Buy Back Benefit Option is offered to employees who waive insurance coverage.
Dental Insurance (Enhanced and Basic Plans offered).
Vision Insurance (Basic coverage thru medical plan and Eye Med supplemental vision insurance offered).
Other benefits incentives: Basic life insurance and long term disability; Cafeteria plans; Wellness program, Employee assistance program; paid holidays; paid annual leave and paid sick leave; and Tuition reimbursement program.
Kentucky Employees' Retirement System (New benefit eligible employees will participate in a defined benefit pension plan known as Cash Balance Plan. The account earns 4% interest on both the member contribution and the Employer Pay Credit Balance at the end of the fiscal year. When the member is eligible to retire, the retirement benefit is calculated based on the member's accumulated account balance).
Kentucky Deferred Compensation
(Employees may elect to participate in supplemental retirement plans such as tax deferred 401K, Roth 401K, 457, Traditional IRA, and Roth IRA accounts).
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Team Leader HANDS
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1