Eastway Behavioral Healthcare is currently seeking a contact examiner for our forensic department. The ideal candidate will conduct forensic evaluations ordered by criminal and probate courts, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Rules regarding Forensic Services and Certified Forensic Centers.
Eastway is the largest, private, not-for-profit provider of mental health, substance abuse, housing, residential, employment and educational services in the Miami Valley with additional services located in Washington Courthouse and Columbus, Ohio. Awards include; Dayton Top Workplace, The Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility, and the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Ohio Psychological Association's Award with National nominations.
1. Conduct face-to-face clinical assessment interviews of defendants referred for forensic evaluation, in the offices of the Forensic Services or in the jail, as assigned by the Director.
2. Gather information to be used in forming an opinion in answer to the forensic question pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code.
3. Gather additional information in the evaluation process by administering psychological tests when appropriate.
4. Obtain additional information in the evaluation process by contacting collateral sources, including but not limited to prior treatment providers, current treatment providers, family, victims, and/or defense attorneys.
5. Provide the court with a forensic opinion addressing the referral issue in the language of the relevant ORC within the mandated time limit by writing a report and submitting it to the criminal court within 30 days.
6. Provide testimony when subpoenaed.
M.D or D.O
Ph.D. or Psy.D.
Academic: Requiredâ€“ Doctoral Degree License/Minimum â€“ License to practice psychology in Ohio
Preferred - Board Certification in Forensic Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology
Other: One year supervised Forensic experience.
This job reports to the Director of Forensic Services
This is a Contractor position 1st Shift.