Eastway Behavioral Healthcare is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join the executive team. The CFO is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the company. This role will provide leadership and coordination in administrative, business planning, accounting, finance, and budgeting work. The CFO will deliver critical financial insight and strategic support as the organization continues to grow and evolve.
Eastway is the largest, private, not-for-profit provider of mental health, substance abuse, housing, residential, employment and educational services in the Miami Valley with additional services located in Washington Courthouse and Columbus, Ohio. Awards include; Dayton Top Workplace, The Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility, and the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Ohio Psychological Association's Award with National nominations.
- Responsible for the development and operation of the Agency's financial plans, policies and procedures, accounting practices, maintenance of fiscal records, agency billings and the preparation of financial reports.
- The position involves supervision over financial forecasting, general accounting, cost accounting, purchasing, and budgetary controls. Responsibilities include the development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to ensure sufficient controls for compliance with GAAP standards, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Ensures accurate assessment of Eastway's financial condition by providing management with appropriate financial information necessary to facilitate planning and results measurement. In addition, this individual and the accounting staff are expected to work closely with other departments and/or subsidiary corporations on matters involving accounting systems, financial planning and proposals.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures, and analyzes and reports variances.
- Determines that fiscal records fairly assess operational results and that there are no major gaps in internal control to place the organization at risk for loss of funds or assets by coordinating annual audit by independent auditor.
- Responsible for tax reporting and compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Responsible for supervision and performance appraisals of Finance department. Recommends training to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives and recommends departmental personnel staffing.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a finance related field.
- Preferred a Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
- Prior experience with budgeting & forecasting; financial reporting, standard costing & cost accounting by US GAAP standards.
- Mental Health and Medicaid billing experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressive experience including supervisory responsibilities.
Eastway Behavioral Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any questions regarding this position can be directed to Jennifer Evans at email@example.com.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Education Verification
This job reports to the CEO
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.