Eastway Behavioral Healthcare is the largest, private, not-for-profit provider of mental health, substance abuse, housing, residential, employment and educational services in the Miami Valley with additional services located in Washington Courthouse and Columbus, Ohio. Awards include; Dayton Top Workplace, The Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility, and the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Ohio Psychological Association's Award with National nominations.
The primary focus of the SCM Trainer is to train new and current staff in prevention, de-escalation, and safe emergency intervention strategies for aggressive behavior. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, are as follows:
1) Provide timely training on Safe Crisis Management and CPR/First Aid for all new hires to all Eastway programs, as required.
2) Schedule and provide training for refresher courses in Safe Crisis Management and CPR/First Aid to ensure that all staff remain in compliance with certification guidelines.
3) Maintain documentation demonstrating that all employees are in compliance with Safe Crisis Management and CPR/First Aid.
4) Work closely with Eastway's Manager of Training to ensure compliance at all times.
5) Assist program directors and Department of Care Management and Compliance in ensuring ongoing compliance with all regulations related to restraint.
6) Review documentation of each incident of restraint for appropriate use of restraint, quality of documentation, and to assess potential training needs. Communicate feedback to staff and supervisors as appropriate.
7) Participate in restraint review process for all programs utilizing restraint. Work closely with QI staff to assist in determining trends and patterns. Assist in identifying areas for improvement and communicate such with program supervisors.
Education - Minimum: Bachelors Degree in related field Preferred Masters Degree in Healthcare field Other: Preferred - Experience in program setting that utilizes restraint.
Post Hire: Certification as a Safe Crisis Management instructor Knowledge of state regulations regarding mandatory training Certification as an instructor in CPR and First Aid.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive PlansScreening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
4 year degree
This job reports to the Director of Care and Compliance
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Travel is required frequently