Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
The Plant Human Resources and Union Relations Manager will support a facility of approximately 150 employees, both salaried and union. The right candidate will possess labor/union relations experience, manufacturing experience, and a strong generalist knowledge of Human resources to support the plant leadership and supervisors.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Responsible for all areas of labor relations including day to day administration and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, grievance tracking and management, employee engagement, arbitrations, regulatory proceedings, etc.
- Builds relationships with numerous stakeholders including plant employees, union leadership, plant leadership, etc.
- Supports the plant as the HR/LR Business Partner.
- Responsibilities will include ensuring compliance with labor laws and demonstrating proactive labor relations
- Provide coaching and support to managers, supervisors, and employees related to all human resources functions including staffing, compensation, medical leaves, etc.
- Promotes and supports company wellness programs and initiatives, delivers training programs, and leads Performance Evaluation Program, through educating, coaching and counseling both management and employees to maximize the program benefits while meeting the compliance schedule.
- Works with payroll to ensure pay rules are documented and followed
- Strong ability to communicate with all employees, is lead for the company/union management meetings and relationship, supports negotiations with the HR Director and plant leadership.
- Maintains a pulse on the organization to ensure strategy is set appropriately to meet company and plant needs
- Manages hourly testing and hiring process to maintain a pool of candidates, supports business partners assigned and their needs for hiring, training, etc.
- Works with Corporate HR team members on documentation, policies, programs, initiatives, etc.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in HR, Labor Relations, Business or other applicable degree
- Formal training in the labor relations field, including advanced knowledge of labor laws preferred.
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of five (5) years of combined human resources management and labor relations experience
- Experience managing collective bargaining agreement interpretation, grievances, investigations, arbitrations, negotiations, etc. AND experience coaching and supporting senior plant leadership as a business partner
- Must have manufacturing industry experience.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and approach and possess advanced problem solving, listening, conflict management, negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must also possess advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS).
- SHRM, Six Sigma, and/or Lean certifications a preferred
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field
Additional Information / Benefits
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K Plan w/Company match.
Screening Requirements: Physical Exam including Drug Screen, Background Check.
Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance, Wellness and misc. ancillary benefits