Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
Zeon has a position opening for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to work in our Corporate Headquarters located in Louisville, KY
This position will perform a variety of accounts receivable and accounting support functions as follows: Accounts Receivable, credit support, collections and cash receipt applications; preparing journal entries and reconciling accounts; assisting with annual reporting, insurance, renewal efforts and special projects. Other Accounting and general support duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain an orderly accounts receivable system, including, but not limited to:
- Handle daily Accounts Receivable invoices.
- Prepare and post summary billings and commission and rebate disbursement requests.
- Process policy returns and credits.
- Post application of cash receipts.
- Obtain credit applications and references from potential customers and run credit reports.
- Review orders placed on credit hold (multiple times daily) to determine release based on such factors as credit history, payment history, management approval, etc.
- Place collections calls to customers on timely basis in professional and courteous manner.
- Review regularly the status of collections to assure that Accounts Receivable are in reasonable sound condition.
- Check balances due from customers; communicate concerns to AR Team Lead if/when records indicate that customers may be exceeding safe credit limits.
- Prepare periodic cash receipt forecast for use in weekly and monthly cash flow forecast.
- Assist the AR Team Lead in the coordination of the annual credit insurance renewal application.
- Check monthly balances of customers; when records indicate that customers may be exceeding safe limits, take appropriate steps to prevent past-due accounts, and consult with AR Team Lead, appropriate sales personnel, and customer service representatives on particularly complex collection situations requiring unusual actions.
- Prepare and submit periodic operating reports to executive management, Corporate Controller, and sales personnel on the status of receivables. Provide customer service and develop relationships with internal/external customers.
- Assist AR Team Lead with monthly, quarterly and/or annual Canadian GST/QST tax return filings.
- Actively participate in the Accounting Department annual 5S initiatives.
- Provide other Accounting and general support including, but not limited to, the following:
- Record incoming checks; prepare local bank (working fund) deposits.
- Adhere to JSOX internal controls and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS: SAP experience preferred. A minimum of 2-4 years experience in an accounting function. Good verbal and written communication skills; Strong MS Office working knowledge and experience (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). At minimum, must be a high school graduate or the equivalency; Associates Degree preferred; Associates in Accounting a plus.
HS Graduate Required; Some college preferred.
Associates Degree a Plus
Zeon Chemicals offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, 401(k), etc. Apply on-line at: www.zeonchemicals.com. Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive Plans
This job reports to the Corporate Controller
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1