Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
Function as resident electrical and automation expert for the Kentucky Plant. Provide project management to execute multiple simultaneous capital projects from conception to start-up, utilizing available resources and best practices to deliver safe, cost effective, timely and reliable results to improve performance and efficiency of the plant. Coordinates the input of Manufacturing, Engineering and Maintenance to size, specify, select, cost estimate, design, install, and program Process Control Equipment, Electrical Power Distribution Equipment, and other projects according to business needs. Recommends and implements modifications and improvements that reinforce process as well as facility reliability and reduce operating and maintenance costs. Provides Technical Support to Front Line Maintenance supervisors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Function as recognized expert of electrical and automation codes, standards, and installation techniques for the Kentucky Plant.
- Responsible for development, implementation and administration of electrical distribution equipment maintenance and testing for the Kentucky Plant.
- Provide support for plant maintenance shutdowns.
- Manage projects relating to electrical installations and other disciplines as required.
- Investigate quality and productivity problems and implement solutions.
- Do process engineering in support of various plant capital projects.
- Develop new procedures as well as modify current procedures as required.
- Provide leadership in driving implementation of PIP standards.
- Train plant operators in new procedures and processes as required.
- Develop scope and implement process modifications resulting from IQ suggestions and other team efforts.
- Monitor adherence to plant safety procedures and work with employees at all levels to improve plant safety and 5S performance.
- Regular attendance is essential for satisfactory performance in this position.
- Requires four (4) year Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering; Prefers Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proven leadership skills, rational, logical, fact-driven decision making, demonstrated planning, organizing, and project management experience with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and manage project scopes, schedules, budgets, construction and resource requirements as well as tracking performance against original plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is an expectation in this key position.
- Must have good programming skills with a good sense for sequential logic.
- PLC programming experience highly desirable.
- Preferred knowledge of Rockwell PLC's and VFD's.
- Must have good working knowledge of instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Familiarity with NEMA, NFPA, IEEE, and ISA codes, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working in a petrochemical facility or similar is preferred
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with all levels within and outside of the organization.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K Plan w/Company match.
Screening Requirements: Physical Exam including Drug Screen, Background Check.
Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.