Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
Purpose: Contribute to the upkeep and the uninterrupted operation of the Zeon Chemicals L.P. Louisville facility by applying mechanical skills as part of a preventative and emergency repair maintenance program.
Responsible for cutting, threading and/or setting up pipe for welding, weld stainless and carbon steel victaulic and pyrex pipe, (stick, tig and gas).
* Troubleshoot steam and condensate systems.
* Continuously seeks ways to improve performance of our facility’s operation and ensures that customers’ (both internal and external) needs are met. Adhere to the quality system.
* Maintains adequate training for plant hazardous waste to potentially package hazardous waste, operate a satellite accumulation container, or transport a hazardous waste to a hazardous waste storage area.
- Perform various tasks associated with repair of piping systems and mechanical equipment in the plant.
- Fabricate piping systems through welding and other techniques.
- Follow safety procedures during maintenance activities in hazardous plant environment.
- Troubleshoot various production/maintenance problems and implement solutions.
- Document maintenance activities through recording of data and other information on required records and logs.
- Follow all safety and operating procedures as required. Periodic review of the procedure and documentation of training is required via Reliance based systems.
- Interface with supervisors and management via email on various topics related to training, repairs, general correspondence.
- Conduct 5S inspections and activities to maintain good housekeeping.
- Assist in the investigation of productivity problems and implement solutions.
- Support plant operations by responding to off shift call-ins for repair of mission critical plant equipment breakdowns.
- Regular attendance is essential for satisfactory performance in this position.
High School or GED
Licensed Journeyman Pipefitter
Please note, only candidates that apply through the link above will be considered.
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision. Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
This job reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
This is a Full-Time position 40 hours Monday through Friday 6A to 2P. Overtime and Call in work available routinely.
Number of Openings for this position: 1