Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
The Payroll Specialist position is responsible for the timely and accurate payment of all company payrolls and 401k funding, and administration and maintenance of the corporate purchasing card program. The position is also responsible for the appropriate compliance reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Timely and accurate payment of the bi-weekly payrolls including 401k funding.
- Timely and accurate payment of the monthly payrolls for Deferred Comp, etc.
- All payrolls: Accuracy of compliance reporting and other applicable policies. Confirm accuracy of payroll data transferred from HRIS system. Enter certain payroll data not transferred from HRIS system, such as county of residence, direct deposit information, W-4 information, group term life amounts, 401k group status, etc. Verify hours reported in timekeeping system are correct. Follow up with employee and/or supervisor to resolve discrepancies. Verify timekeeping system configuration for recording time is in compliance with union contracts and other applicable policies. Verify hours reported in payroll system are accurately imported from timekeeping system, correctly coded, accurate mapping of earnings codes and calculation of shift differentials, etc. Enter payroll exceptions as applicable. Monitor Paid Time Off (PTO) balances within timekeeping system. Audit returned payroll and verify payroll funding amounts and address any issues immediately.
- Expat payroll: Work directly with external expat payroll tax service provider to provide information needed for tax equalization.
- 401k: Reconcile 401k amounts within the payroll system to the funding requirements per 401k service provider. Address discrepancies directly with the 401k service provider.
- Prepare payroll disbursement requests as applicable for union dues and charity deductions. Work with payroll service provider to inform/provide necessary information related to wage garnishments or child support programs.
- Prepare and post journal entries as needed.
- Ensure W-2's are accurate and periodically review W-2 drafts issued by payroll service provider to ensure on-going accuracy throughout the year.
- Prepare annual reports as needed for calculation of bonus program, workers compensation insurance renewal and audit, non-discrimination testing, benefit plan audits, etc.
- Regularly review and update JSOX documentation related to payroll and 401k processes as necessary and ensure compliance.
- Regularly review and update company policies which may have payroll and/or payroll tax implications as necessary and ensure compliance.
- Manage and process the day-to-day tasks related to purchasing card (p-card) program. Work with vendors, as needed, researching and matching payments, and reconciling outstanding payments. Monthly reconciliation of the P-card payable account. Work with Assistant Controller to manage ActivePay website, including managing merchant logs, ad hoc reports, acquiring new vendors, etc. Participate in annual calling campaigns with bank, as needed.
- Manage and process the day-to-day tasks as they relate to the distributed card program with the bank, including working with employees to reconcile expenses/statements.
- Timely and accurately prepare monthly/quarterly/annually account reconciliations pertaining to payroll accounts (i.e. vacation payable, 401k accrual, employee deductions, etc.).
Associate's Degree in Accounting / Finance
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision. Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Credit Check, Physical Exam, Education Verification, Employment Verification
This job reports to the Shani Hillard
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1