Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications. Zeon has an exciting Financial Analyst career opportunity in the Louisville, KY Corporate Office.
Responsible for preparation of monthly management reporting, coordination of Zeon consolidated budgeting process, preparation of periodic financial statement forecasts and preparation of financial analysis and support for business teams. Other responsibilities include:
• Coordinates the annual budgeting process and three-year plan for Zeon.
• Performs analysis of monthly financial statements for all product lines. Provides explanations of variances from budget and year over year. Notes unexpected findings when analyzing financials and investigate causes.
• Coordinates the completion of the monthly ZCLP financial management reports.
• Generates periodic financial statement forecasts considering alternative scenarios and economic impacts.
• Generates monthly finished goods inventory analysis.
• Provides business analyses and assist in strategic plan (three and/or five-year plan) development for all business managers. Also includes advising six business teams on the financial impacts of operational decisions when needed.
• Provides various ad hoc analysis and information for sales and marketing, R & D and Corporate Admin areas as well as the three manufacturing plants located in Kentucky, Mississippi, and Texas.
• Performs analyses for the Zeon Innovation process in regard to new products and participate as a member of the Stagegate team.
• Leads or participates in special projects such as economic evaluation of divestitures or acquisitions, financial effectiveness of internal operations and product/profit performance.
• Evaluates and provides recommendations for pricing changes and review pricing decisions, as requested, with business managers for economic soundness.
• Conducts other economic analysis, studies, and counsel, as directed, on all matters of potentially significant financial impact to the company, including economic/competitive trends, pricing, cash flow, product line evaluation, capital additions, etc.
• Serve as Business Intelligence (BI) super-user and create/modify BI dashboards and reports as needed for current use and for other areas of the business.
• Participates in Japanese Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to communicate effectively, professionally and confidently with both internal and external contacts. A competent understanding of overall accounting rules and theory is critical. Ability to meet deadlines is essential.
Must have a four-year college degree in finance preferred, accounting is acceptable, along with 10 plus years of financial analysis experience. SAP and Microsoft Power BI experience and knowledge is a plus, along with experience supporting commercial business areas is helpful. MBA preferred.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
This job reports to the CFO - Corporate Financial Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1