Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
Supervise shift operations on a daily basis. Activities include scheduling of work, monitoring of quality, planning for staffing for 24-hour periods, daily reviews of operations and maintenance of a safe work environment.
The Dryer area shift supervisor is also responsible for close communication with the latex area to plan and coordinate the production schedule on a short and a long term basis. Part of this coordination with the latex area includes responsibility for coordination of emergency response activities in the plant, including close coordination with and assistance of outside emergency response agencies.
- Safety/Environmental--- Encourage employees to achieve maximum output with safety and environmental impact foremost in their minds. Coordinate treatment of injuries to personnel, respond to environmental releases, and manage any emergency situations or plant evacuations. Safe-out equipment for maintenance by plant employees and outside contractors. Reduce accidents and on-the-job injuries by focusing on unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and developing safety awareness.
- Quality--- Coordinate production of the highest quality product to meet customer demand and specification. Monitor QA results and respond with appropriate adjustments to keep the process on target. Investigate all out of control occurrences and implement appropriate corrective action. Instruct operators to follow all procedures to ensure compliance.
- Productivity--- Coordinate drying schedule with the latex area for each day in order to maximize the effective utilization of process equipment to meet the production schedule. Conduct effective trouble shooting of the process equipment as required to minimize downtime and maintain the production schedule.
- Teamwork/Communication--- Communicate effectively with subordinates, fellow supervisors, Maintenance Coordinators, Schedulers, QA personnel, and management to clearly present the status of the process, required schedules, problems encountered, and any anticipated needs for the future. The Production Supervisor is a critical role in maintaining a cohesive team for the operation of the production area.
- Continuously seeks ways to improve performance of our facility's operation and ensures that customers' (both internal and external) needs are met. Adhere to the quality system.
- Maintains adequate training for plant hazardous waste to potentially package hazardous waste, operate a satellite accumulation container, or transport a hazardous waste to a hazardous waste storage area.
TYPICAL ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
- Provide scheduling and communication for daily drying operations.
- Effectively communicate daily production schedule to all operators in drying unit.
- Provide direct supervision to unionized employees.
- Properly provide guidance to operators for equipment setup for maintenance.
- Monitor adherence to plant safety procedures and work with employees at all levels to improve plant safety and 5S performance.
- Troubleshoot acute maintenance problems and implement innovative solutions to improve plant productivity and performance.
- Attend specialized training as required to support new plant equipment and systems.
- Conduct monthly shift meetings with unionized employees.
- Certify and re-certify operators when appropriate.
- Enter payroll information into Kronos system (if designated).
Regular attendance is essential for satisfactory performance in this position.
High School Diploma Required; Some College Required - Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision. Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
This job reports to the Drying Manager
This is a Full-Time position 12 hour rotating shifts.
Number of Openings for this position: 1