Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
Purpose: Supervise production shift activities on a daily basis to ensure safe and efficient operations that will produce a quality product that
satisfies customers’ needs. Activities include scheduling of work, monitoring equipment, problem solving, and maintenance of a safe
work environment. The Front Line Supervisor is responsible for coordination of emergency response activities in the plant, including
close coordination with and assistance of outside emergency response agencies.
The Foreman is also responsible for off-shift maintenance work and outside contractors working in the area.
* Safety/Environmental--- Encourage employees to achieve maximum output with safety and environmental impact
foremost in their minds. Coordinate treatment of injuries to personnel, respond to environmental releases, and manage any emergency
situations or plant evacuations during the off-shift hours. Safe-out equipment for maintenance by plant employees and outside
contractors. Reduce accidents and on-the-job injuries by focusing on unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and developing safety awareness.
* Quality--- Coordinate production of the highest quality product to meet customer demand and specification. Monitor QA results and
respond with appropriate adjustments to keep the process on target. Investigate all out of control occurrences and implement
appropriate corrective action. Instruct operators to follow all procedures to ensure compliance.
* Productivity--- Schedule workload for each shift based on the needs of the drier schedule while maximizing the effective utilization of
process equipment. Conduct effective trouble shooting of the process equipment as required to minimize downtime and maintain the
*Teamwork/Communication--- Communicate effectively with subordinates, fellow supervisors, maintenance coordinators, schedulers,
QA personnel, and management to clearly present the status of the process, required schedules, problems encountered, and any
anticipated needs for the future. The Front Line Supervisor is a critical role in maintaining a cohesive team for the operation of the
*Continuously seeks ways to improve performance of our facility's operation and ensures that customers' (both internal and external)
needs are met. Adhere to the quality system.
*Maintains adequate training for plant hazardous waste to potentially package hazardous waste, operate a satellite accumulation
container, or transport a hazardous waste to a hazardous waste storage area.
TYPICAL ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
- Schedule and monitor daily production charging requirements.
- Effectively communicate daily production schedule to all operators in polymerization unit.
- Provide direct supervision to unionized employees.
- Properly provide guidance to operators for equipment setup for maintenance.
- Monitor adherence to plant safety procedures and work with employees at all levels to improve plant safety and 5S performance.
- Troubleshoot acute maintenance problems and implement innovative solutions to improve plant productivity and performance.
- Attend specialized training as required to support new plant equipment and systems.
- Conduct monthly shift meetings with unionized employees.
- Certify and re-certify operators when appropriate.
- Enter payroll information into Kronos system (if designated).
Regular attendance is essential for satisfactory performance in this position.
High School or GED
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision.
Offers will be contingent upon the following screening requirements: Successful clearance of Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Exam
Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
This job reports to the Production Manager - Polymerization
This is a Full-Time position 12-hour rotating shifts. Rotation includes day and night work.
Number of Openings for this position: 1