Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals L.P. (Zeon) is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications. Zeon has an exciting Director of Human Resources career opportunity in the Louisville, KY Corporate Office.
The purpose of this role is to develop, implement, and support programs that lead to improved employee culture and well-being, accountability, and retention, while continuing the commitment to Zeon’s key business drivers, its management and prosperity for its customers, employees, and community, and to promote ethical and legal business practices while remaining compliant with all governmental regulations.
This position is responsible for ensuring all aspects of human resources, including staffing, compensation, benefits, employment law, talent management, employee relations, etc., necessary to accomplish Zeon’s near-term and long-term targets for growth and profitability. This role is responsible for employees in our Louisville, KY locations including the Riverport distribution center and corporate headquarters, the plants in Hattiesburg, MS and Pasadena, TX, and the collective bargaining unit plant employees located in Louisville, KY.
• Leadership: The Director of Human Resources (HR) plays a leadership role that supports the company’s principles, values, and vision, and works closely with the President/CEO, CFO, the EMC (Executive Management Committee), and the HRC (Human Resources Committee) to ensure this purpose is fulfilled, and manages Human Resources plant and corporate personnel.
• Benefits: Ensures benefit programs (defined contribution, and welfare, including self-insured medical, and wellness program) and services meet the objectives of the organization, are compliant, cost effective and position Zeon to recruit and retain the best employees. Has thorough knowledge and understanding of employer responsibilities under the ACA (Affordable Care Act). Chairs the Investment Committee and plays an active role in investment management in the 401(k) Plan. Understands and manages the financial impact of the benefits budget.
• Compliance: Ensures compliance with employment law including Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Program, etc. Ensures compliance with Japanese Sarbanes Oxley through adherence to internal control policies and procedures. Demonstrates a competence in labor relations and workers’ compensation, including oversight of Union contract compliance.
• Compensation: Ensures Zeon’s salary policies, compensation and bonus programs, and job level structures are competitive and equitable in keeping with the organization's compensation philosophy.
• Performance: Supports Zeon's values of Pay for Performance and advancement based on merit as measured through Zeon’s performance management program. Ensures integrity through high quality, direct, fair, and timely assessments. Plays leadership role in ensuring job performance problems are quickly identified and effectively addressed. Manages the performance and learning management system and trains managers and employees on use of the system.
• Staffing: Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization. Manages HR team to recruit employees throughout the organization and works to build and maintain a best in class workforce.
• Talent Development: Works in coordination with management to identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps and develops specific programs to fill those gaps including a succession planning program for key employees and management positions, and training and development programs to enhance employee knowledge and competencies.
• Policies & Standards: Directs the interpretation and application of established human resource policies and standard operating procedures throughout the organization. Ensures Zeon’s HR policies and practices are appropriate and compliant. Conducts a continuing study of all human resource policies, programs and practices to keep the organization abreast of best practices and informed of new developments. Protects interests of employees in accordance with the organization's human resource policies and appropriate governmental laws and regulations.
• Employee Relations: Directs and maintains programs designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale, employee relations, and goodwill toward the company through partnership with the EMC.
• Wellness: Provides leadership for the Zeon Wellness Program, which within its budget, seeks to improve long-term employee health through participation in healthy activities, and thereby controlling the company’s overall medical benefit costs.
• Continually assesses the competitiveness of all HR programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
• Oversees company HRIS system, and manages HR communication tools, applicant tracking system, and performance and learning management systems.
• Responsible for coordinating the planning of annual company events.
• Stays knowledgeable in current HR legal updates.
• Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred with 15 years+ related experience
• PHR or SPHR strongly preferred.
• Human resources professional with broad working knowledge of human resources management.
• A decisive individual with a strategic focus committed to the long-term vision of the organization.
• A trustworthy individual with high ethical standards who leads by example.
• An energetic individual with a desire to gain knowledge of the business to understand what drives profitability to develop and retain employees and market Zeon to recruits.
• An effective listener with excellent communication skills and who relates to people at all levels of the organization.
• Labor relations experience a plus.
• Excellent computer skills, technologically savvy.
Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision. Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
Screening Requirements: Credit Check, Education Verification, Employment Verification
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1