Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
We are seeking an experienced IT Help Desk Coordinator to work in our Corporate Offices located in Louisville, KY.
This position performs a variety of functions in accordance with departmental procedures and guidelines. Extends IT knowledge database with solutions to incidents and problems. Mainly performs 1st level IT Help Desk support activities. Is first backup and roll-over position for IT Help Desk Administrative Associate responsibilities. Responsibilities also include:
- First escalation for operational hard- and software issues.
- Maintains microcomputers and related hardware including the physical network.
- Provides computer instruction to users to improve their skills and efficiency, including users in remote locations.
- Responsible for setting up new equipment (for new employees or as part of the regular hardware refresh) based on pre-defined organizational procedures and using industry-standard imaging technology.
- Assists with the inventory of all microcomputer hardware and software and ensures hardware is properly identified with organization's asset tags.
- Confers with users in identifying problems and determining solutions, including users in remote locations.
- Maintains the server and client backup operations. Monitors and addresses issues. Escalates to IT infrastructure manager as needed.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes and innovations in the IT industry.
- Continuously seeks ways to improve performance of our facility's operation and ensures that customers' (both internal and external) needs are met. Adhere to the quality system.
- Support compliance to JSOX and ISO by creating applicable reports and managing distribution and processing by responsible parties.
Strong customer service attitude, teamwork, and analytical approach required.
High School Graduate/GED Required
Currently enrolled in a College/University or a Vocational Technical School with a minimum of one year completed preferred. Major course working in line with an Intern / Co-op program.
CompTIA A+, Microsoft, or similar required (MSCA desirable).
At least 2 years working in help-desk position for PCs, Microsoft Office, basic network and telecommunication technologies.
High School or GED
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision. Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the IT Infrastructure Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1