Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
ZEON is a global leader for synthetic rubber and specialty chemicals (global sales: ~$3 Billion/Y) with global HQ in Tokyo and regional HQ in Louisville (KY), Dusseldorf (DE), Shanghai (CN), and Singapore. ZEON’s elastomers are broadly used in underhood automotive applications where they provide excellent elastic properties capable to withstand long-term exposure to temperatures of -40° ~ +190°C, exposure to aggressive engine oils/greases/fuels. ZEON is typically a Tier 2 or 3 supplier to the automotive industry. ZEON’s customers compound ZEON’s synthetic rubber. The compound is molded into seals, gaskets, and other components and extruded into mono- and multi-layer hose.
We are seeking an experienced AUTOMOTIVE MARKET MANAGER to work out of their home office in the Detroit area. The ideal candidate will:
- Be an Engineer (Mechanical, Chemical, Polymer); however, a Business Degree with proven career track record demonstrating technical proficiency for Materials is acceptable.
- Will have 10 - 20 years' experience; 7 to 8 years' experience for exceptional candidate.
- Will have solid foundation of knowledge regarding underhood automotive applications; ideally air induction, engine sealing, transmission, driveline, powertrain.
- Will have comfort talking with Material related terminology.
- Will have proven track record in Business Development; especially building network of contract and identification of new opportunities; replication of success from one OEM to another.
- Will have experience working in Sales, Business Development, and/or Supplier Engineer to Big 3 and related Tier 1s.
- Will have minimum 3 years' experience in one or more of (1) Synthetic Rubber, (2) Engineered Thermoplastics, (3) Composites, (4) Adhesives.
Prior experience ideally will be as Key Account Manager or On-Site Engineer to Automotive OEMs.
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.zeonchemicals.com
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Business or Marketing
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision. Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Credit Check, Physical Exam
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is provided and travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 1