Big Brothers Big Sisters mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. The Kentuckiana agency has 50 years of proven success in creating and nurturing friendships between adults and children, which help put youth on the path to lifelong success.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. We strive to create a friendly and effective workplace through a climate of mutual respect, challenging work, close supervisory support, autonomy, and a favorable work-life fit. We offer a flexible work schedule designed to make employees more successful at work and at home, with generous leave time, a liberal policy for new parents, and even pet-friendly policies.
Names as a "Best Places to Work" by Business First in 2016 and 2015, we were also recognized by Greater Louisville, Inc. as the Small Business of the Year Award and the Innovation/Technology Utilization Award. In 2010, we received the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility, and in August 2014, we received the "When Work Works" Award from the Families & Work Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management.
Big Brothers Big Sisters seeks an ambitious and goal-oriented Community Engagement Manager who excels at relationship building and partnership development to support our agency in our Hardin County Branch. This is a full-time position. The Community Engagement Manager will: steward and cultivate relationships in Hardin and Grayson Counties that raise resources (funds and volunteers) to support our mentoring programs in these communities; nurture prospective corporate and community partnerships while stewarding existing collaborations; successfully manage and grow existing special events; design and deliver new programs that generate revenue from corporate and individual donors; develop and implement short and long-term outreach strategies that connect Big Brothers Big Sisters to the needs of the communities served. The successful Community Engagement Manager will work closely with a part-time Community Engagement Specialist in Hardin and Grayson to achieve goals.
- In collaboration with Chief Development Officer and Community Engagement Director, develop and closely monitor branch budget (revenue and expenses) to ensure we deliver on revenue goals
- Develop and manage event budgets to ensure accurate revenue projections
ADVISORY COUNCIL ENGAGEMENT
- Cultivate and steward an active Advisory Councils; seek new members throughout the year and challenge current members to expand capacity in the communities served
- Engage individuals to serve on the Advisory Councils in all counties and maintain solid relationships with effective communication and feedback solicitation: manage monthly meetings, meeting reminders, meeting recap notes and accountabilities for council members
- Keep the Advisory Councils informed of current practices and procedures, and aware of agency innovations, financial needs and volunteer engagement needs
- Work in conjunction with the Advisory Councils by providing information and direction to pursue sources of funding, as well as fundraising activities and events, and to implement volunteer engagement plans addressing the needs of the agency in Hardin and Grayson Counties
- Manage Bowl For Kids’ Sake sponsorships/participation for Hardin County; develop and execute fundraising special events in both counties; and oversee any third-party special events in these communities with the goal of continued growth, including a detailed event plan that contains: event timelines, event budget, volunteer/staff recruitment, volunteer training, corporate sponsorship solicitation, prize solicitation, vendor relations/cooperation, committee supervision/support, post-event acknowledgments, and event reporting.
- Steward and maintain a positive relationship with the United Way of Central Kentucky and other relevant funding sources in the area.
- Identify current donors and prospective new donors through events that can be cultivated and partner with the Fund Development Team to develop strategies for solicitation, with specific focus on growing our Monthly Giving Program.
- Work in conjunction with the Development Director of Grants to identify and secure grants.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT/VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT
- Develop and implement a strategic volunteer recruitment plan that incorporates a full menu of outreach initiatives to engage new volunteer Big Brothers/Sisters to meet grant and budget requirements; work in conjunction with the Community Engagement Specialist to deliver on the plan
- Respond to requests for speakers and informational booths, utilizing volunteers, Advisory Council members, the Community Engagement Specialist, and staff resources as needed.
- Seek underwriting when necessary to offset costs of events.
- Establish in conjunction with the Advisory Council a positive, broad-based community relations effort to continually promote Big Brothers Big Sisters and current agency needs specific to coverage area.
KENTUCKIANA OFFICE RELATIONS
- For first month of employment, this position will be housed in the main office located in Louisville; after this initial on-boarding and training period, the position will office in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.
- Attend Kentuckiana staff meetings, including bi-weekly Fund Development team meetings.
- Communicate needs of Hardin and Grayson Counties to Kentuckiana management staff including but not limited to: budgetary, marketing, special events and volunteer engagement needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The salary range for this position is $16.50/hr.-$19/hr.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Community Engagement Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1