Become a part of the Kentucky Humane Society family! We are looking for animal lovers with customer service skills who want to make a lasting difference for needy pets in our area.
The Kentucky Humane Society (KHS), located in Louisville, KY, is a private, nonprofit organization that is Kentucky's largest pet adoption agency. KHS is also the state's oldest animal welfare organization, founded in 1884.
Are you passionate about being a champion for companion animals? Do you embrace optimism and compassion, meeting everyone with an open mind, kindness and respect? Would you like to inspire others and lead the change our communities need? If so, please check out our website for employment opportunities at KHS!
Summary of Purpose: Providing leadership and ensure the overall fundraising success and sustainability of the Equine Program
Duties (Essential Functions):
• Oversee all aspects of donor relations, development and outreach to support the Equine C.A.R.E. program.
• Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with equine annual fund donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, foundations and other funding sources.
• Increase financial support and donor base for the Equine C.A.R.E. program to ensure financial sustainability.
• Establish and implement strategy, structure and accountability procedures regarding all equine annual funds, special projects and fundraising events.
• Ensure that equine donors are thanked in a timely fashion and in a manner that cultivates continued support.
• Community Outreach - promote interest and provide information regarding equine programs to community leaders, community and equine groups, media, and the general public thru Pony Tales, event attendance, tours and meetings.
• Serve as a spokesperson for the Equine C.A.R.E. program. to various internal and external groups, events and media appearances.
• Work with the KHS PR/Marketing team to market and increase awareness of the Equine C.A.R.E. program.
• Serve as an administrator to the Equine C.A.R.E. social media pages
• Work with President & CEO and Vice President of Outreach for creation and adherence of yearly budget of department revenues and expenses.
• Research and determine when the department will participate in new initiatives to grow support of the KHS mission.
• Serve on the leadership team and participate in the strategic planning process ensuring goals, objectives, and action steps are being met
• Support and supervise volunteers as needed or during events.
• Solicit equine sponsors for all signature KHS fundraising events
• 3 years of fundraising or sales experience required
• 3 years minimum involvement with in equine
• Ability to lead others and work independently
• Highly relational, strong people skills—ability to relate to all types of people and personalities
• A self-starter, versed in problem-solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization skills with an ability to multi-task and problem solve in a face paced environment
• Advanced computer knowledge, including MS Word and Excel, with ability to learn new software
• Leadership and management skills with ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers
• Ability to represent the Kentucky Humane Society in a professional manner in accordance with the American Professional Fund Raising Code of Ethics
• Knowledgeable and supportive of KHS programs
• Share a passion for service to animals, people and our community
• Commitment to KHS Core Values
• Background check required
• Reliable transportation and willingness to travel as needed
• High school degree or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university preferred
High School Diploma/GED
It's a Dog and Cat's life at the Kentucky Humane Society!
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the VP of Outreach
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1