As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job. We offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. The Assistant Director of Facilities is responsible for managing the day to day housekeeping operations and assisting with all building systems. These responsibilities include but are not limited to housekeeping, the maintenance and repair of plumbing, HVAC, electrical systems, landscaping, and event setup. Previous management experience in recruitment, training, supervision and mentoring of staff preferred. The qualified candidate must maintain a positive attitude with an unwavering desire to assist all departments in their success in providing the ultimate member experience.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Model the YMCA character and values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility through actions and providing a safe, clean and welcoming environment for all who enter our facilities.
- Have the ability and willingness to learn multiple areas of building maintenance to include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, housekeeping, and landscaping.
- Promote and engage in safe work practices including working from heights, electric, plumbing, pumps, chemicals, and complete all trainings in a timely manner.
- Develop a critical eye for detail and have the ability to convey importance of maintenance and cleanliness standards.
- Support other departments with helping with short-term coverage (Wellness and Membership)
- Assist with and participate in continuing strategic development for the Facilities Department.
- Assist with the development and implementation of ongoing tactics to maintain and increase member survey scores through excellent supervision and training of staff.
- Understand and enforce all YMCA policies.
- Cover shifts as necessary.
- Communicates to all staff the importance of the organization’s commitment to protect children from abuse.
- Candidate must have exceptional hands-on, problem-solving skills
- A positive, can-do attitude and ability to prioritize in a consistently changing environment.
- Must be goal oriented
- Open minded and willing to learn and ask questions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to improve and streamline processes and handle multiple tasks
- Effective in emergency situations by embracing a calm and rational demeanor and be effective using sound judgment
- Ability to set the standard for and model exceptional work ethic and mentor staff
- Provide and create a welcoming atmosphere that promotes teamwork and success around our departmental mission of exceptional member satisfaction
- Ability to build genuine relationships with members, guests and co-workers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including hours that the building is closed to members for special repairs and cleaning.
- Must be able to walk and move constantly for entire shift.
- Able to work from heights at or above 30ft.
- Carry ladders, tools and equipment up to 50lbs.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform CPR and First Aid in emergency situations (will train).
This position description reflects the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The Assistant Facility Director is also responsible for taking direction from the Regional Facility Director and Executive Director in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the branch and/or association’s success.
STATUS: Part-time, Non-Exempt
STARTING SALARY: $15.00/Hour
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or the equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Community wide individual membership
This job reports to the Regional Facility Director
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, Weekends, 25-30 hours/week. Flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends. .
Number of Openings for this position: 1