Are you a people person who loves a great mission and looking for a fulfilling job where you can build your leadership, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills? As a Member Experience Associate, you are a critical component to assisting individuals with behavior change as they engage in a healthier lifestyle. Through engagement, encouragement, coaching and meaningful connections, you create a cornerstone to their success. Join our team today as a Member Experience Associate and be a POSITIVE CHANGE MAKER in your community!
The Y is the leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. Every day, our team members - of all ages, backgrounds and life experiences – work together to empower young people, improve individuals’ health and well-being, and inspire action in and across communities. Character is what counts at the Y, where our values – caring, honesty, respect and responsibility – shape our culture. The Y is a diverse community where your colleagues quickly become your friends.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Create a welcoming atmosphere that is people centered & service oriented
- Ability to build genuine relationships with members helping them meet their healthy living goals
- Strong organizational, computer, communication and customer service skills
- Using good listening skills, deliver member-focused tours to potential new members and provide excellent
service to active members
- Answer phones, complete program registrations, membership sales and proficiently perform all
membership functions in the membership software system
- Provide motivation, one-on-one coaching and implement various member engagement initiatives
- Maintain a safe, clean and functional wellness center
- Good problem-solving skills and adaptable to change
STARTING SALARY: $11.00
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or the equivalent
Additional Information / Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer Metro United Way Agency
Community wide membership: A new YMCA team member you will receive a community wide individual membership upon completion of the New Employee Orientation, program discounts, and participation in the YMCA retirement fund.
This job reports to the Director of Y @ Work GE Appliances
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Various shifts Monday through Friday from 4:30 am-8:30 am or 6:00 pm-10:00 pm.
Number of Openings for this position: 1