As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job. We offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. The YMCA is a mission driven organization and this position contributes greatly to our ability to help all individuals reach their full potential in spirit, mind and body.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Commitment to YMCA Mission, philosophy and character development
• Team player
• Detail oriented
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Hardworking and reliable
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Uphold the mission of the YMCA, and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature.
• Daily cleaning of the membership areas of the Northeast YMCA and seasonal cleaning of Calypso Cove Waterpark
• Light maintenance
• Relationship building with both members and staff
• Completes required abuse risk management training.
• Monitors building, staff and members and reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations to supervisor. Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements to authorities.
• Move furniture and room/meeting set up
• Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment with minimal supervision.
• Perform general building maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, carpentry projects, changing filters, light bulbs, and ballasts, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing leaking faucets.
• Noise level- Moderate
Additional Information / Benefits
The YMCA of Greater Louisville maintains a strong commitment to training and professional development. As a new YMCA team member you will receive a community wide individual membership upon completion of the New Employee Orientation, program discounts, and participation in the YMCA retirement fund.
Equal Opportunity Employer Metro United Way Agency
Benefits: Community wide membership
This job reports to the Regional Facilities Director
This is a Part-Time position Evenings 4pm-10pm and Weekends 9am-7pm (up to 29 hours per week available).
Number of Openings for this position: 1