As a key member of the School-Age Childcare Enrichment Program (CEP) team, the Group Leader is responsible for creating a safe, fun and positive atmosphere that promotes member engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Passion for working with school-age children (K-8th grade)
• Minimum age - 17 years old
• Able to work/travel to CEP sites located at various Jefferson County Public Schools & Jefferson County parochial school locations
• Team player with personal commitment to YMCA Mission, Philosophy & Character Development Values.
• People centered, service oriented.
• Ability to lead group activities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Previous child care or group work experience preferred.
• Must be enrolled in High School or possess a High School Diploma or an equivalent.
• Stands and greets parents and children by name.
• Leads group songs, games and crafts, and engages children in learning activities.
• Maintains positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies all safety rules.
• Communicates with parents and caregivers about their child’s activities/day.
• Possess a willingness to work with youth and have FUN.
• Able to be a role model for children in our programs.
• A leader that has initiative, enthusiasm, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Attends all staff meetings and training as assigned.
• Lifting up to 50lbs
• Climbing, sitting, standing, pushing, walking, kneeling, and stooping.
• Exposure to outdoor elements for certain portions of the day.
• Noise level- High
• Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting your voice across a distance in normal & loud situations.
STARTING SALARY: $15.00/hourly
STATUS: Part Time, Non-exempt
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 10, 2022
Additional Information / Benefits
The YMCA of Greater Louisville maintains a strong commitment to training and professional development. As a new YMCA team member you will receive a community wide individual membership upon completion of the New Employee Orientation, program discounts, and participation in the YMCA retirement fund.
Equal Opportunity Employer Metro United Way Agency
Benefits: Community wide membership
This job reports to the Site Director
This is a Part-Time position School Hours.
Number of Openings for this position: 1