The YMCA of Greater Louisville is hiring lifeguards to join our aquatics team!
Do you get excited at the thought of keeping people safe? Do you love to swim? If you have the ability to inspire confidence and calm in the face of a crisis, we have the perfect job for you!
Come join our awesome lifeguard team. You will enforce swimming pool rules in a considerate but firm manner, while building relationships with members. A strong ability to swim, quick reaction time, and excellent powers of concentration are a must. Having the magical balance between excellent customer service and safety-mindedness is preferred.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Provide supervision of guests in aquatic areas & on decks.
- Enforce rules & regulations of the facility.
- Respond to emergency situations & assist in communicating during emergencies.
- Maintain skills at a test-ready level.
- Advise management of unsafe conditions.
- Perform daily pool maintenance duties to ensure facility safety & cleanliness.
- Must attend monthly in services at your home branch (or at another facility if missed). In services are skills assessments and a review of rescues & safety protocols.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a swim test consisting of a 300-meter swim (freestyle and breast stroke), a 2-minute tread (legs only) and a retrieval test at the bottom of a pool (up to 10ft deep).
- Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid & AED certifications must be maintained throughout employment.
- Previous lifeguarding and/or customer experience preferred.
STATUS: Part-time, Non-Exempt
STARTING PAY: $13/Hour
Additional Information / Benefits
• Community and Nationwide Family YMCA Membership.
• Paid lifeguard trainings with commitment to work for YMCA.
• Free or Reduced School-Age Child Care.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits: Community-wide Individual Membership
This job reports to the Aquatics Director and/or Aquatics Coordinator
This is a Part-Time position Various shifts.
Number of Openings for this position: 1