The YMCA of Greater Louisville is hiring lifeguards to join our aquatics team!
Great news! EFFECTIVE 5/19/22 $13.00/hour
Do you get excited at the thought of keeping people safe? Do you love to swim? If you have the ability to inspire confidence and calm in the face of a crisis, we have the perfect job for you!
Come join our awesome lifeguard team. You will enforce swimming pool rules in a considerate but firm manner, while building relationships with members. A strong ability to swim, quick reaction time, and excellent powers of concentration are a must. Having the magical balance between excellent customer service and safety-mindedness is preferred.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Provide supervision of guests in aquatic areas & on decks.
- Enforce rules & regulations of the facility.
- Respond to emergency situations & assist in communicating during emergencies.
- Maintain skills at a test-ready level.
- Advise management of unsafe conditions.
- Perform daily pool maintenance duties to ensure facility safety & cleanliness.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid & AED certifications must be maintained throughout employment.
- One year of lifeguarding & customer service experience prefered
Starting Pay - $11.00/hr.
Status - Part Time Non Exempt
Application Deadline - May 27, 2022
Additional Information / Benefits
This is an opportunity to join an energetic, mission-oriented team committed to improving health and strengthening communities. The YMCA of Greater Louisville maintains a strong commitment to training and professional development.
- Community and Nationwide Family YMCA Membership
- Paid lifeguard trainings with commitment to work for YMCA
- Free or Reduced School-Age Child Care
Equal Opportunity Employer Metro United Way Agency
Benefits: Community-wide Membership
This is a Part-Time position Various shifts.