Are you a people person who loves a great mission and looking for a fulfilling job where you can build your leadership, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills? As a Kids Club Attendant, you play a critical role in serving our youngest members by ensuring children in our care are safe and having fun! We focus on keeping kids active through fun programming while teaching children about our Core Values of Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. Join our team today as a Kids Club Attendant and be a POSITIVE CHANGE MAKER in your community!
The Y is the leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. Every day, our team members - of all ages, backgrounds and life experiences – work together to empower young people, improve individuals’ health and well-being, and inspire action in and across communities.
Character is what counts at the Y, where our values – caring, honesty, respect and responsibility – shape our culture. The Y is a diverse community where your colleagues quickly become your friends.
Job Skills / Requirements
Why should I apply?
- Free membership and Program Discounts
- Opportunity to participate in the Y retirement fund
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to develop new skills and gain valuable experience
- Fun, positive and caring work environment
- Provides excellent and genuine care for infants, toddlers, and school age children
- Provides a safe and welcoming atmosphere; maintain center cleanliness, sanitation, organization and appearance
- Ability to lead organized age-appropriate activities, including crafts and physical activities.
- Build and maintain open communication with children, parents, director and other staff.
- Be open, friendly and approachable to children and parents
- Responsible for the health, welfare and safety of the children in Kids Club
- Completes required abuse risk management training. Adheres to policies and procedures in managing high-risk activities and appropriate boundaries of supervision. Reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violation to supervisor. Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements to authorities.
- Position Requirement: Preferred minimum Age 16+
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Additional Information / Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer Metro United Way Agency
Benefits: Community-wide Membership
This job reports to the Varies
This is a Part-Time position Various shifts.
Number of Openings for this position: 1